Saturday, March 14, 2009

What I call my cozy living room....


This is my living room. I took this picture a little while ago...quickly cleaned up the room and took this shot. It's raining outside so the picture is a bit dull!I thought I'd share my eclectic style.A bit of this and that. When we moved in this house 5 years ago it was vacant. I saw a vision! It was dark and drab but it had so much charm! I've told you before it has a wrap around porch and a screened in porch in the back. Every room except for 3 of the bedrooms and baths have a baywindow.I love those windows! Anyways I painted everything! I distressed the mantle and painted the dark paneling all through out the house. I truly love the distressed look especially with three kids!My house is filled with flea market finds....I can't wait to go to the big flea market next week! I will definately be showing you my finds! Thanks for taking a peek into my living room.
Tracy

7 comments:

  1. Your livingroom is just wonderful!! I like the style. it sounds like you have a fabulous home, with all those bay windows and the wrap around porch! Seems as if that house was just waiting for you to find it! I will look forward to seeing a bit more of your house. It gives me the idea of getting some pics of mine and blogging about it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bay windows.Especially at Christmas time they look so nice.I love eclectic,thats mine as well.A bit of this and that.I also love how you have the curtains on the door.Just a panel pulled to the side lovely.Love the white tables as well.very nice!I had paneling UGH! lol.None in this house thank God.Especially the dark stuff.Thanks for sharing Tracy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way your mixed media collages are awesome.So cute.I love the mixtures together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I just say how much I love your living room, it could be in a magazine, that's how gorgeous it is.
    So glad that you are enjoying the carnival, don't forget to enter your name in the 7th post for the giveaways!
    XO!
    Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. I love flea markets too. We have quite a few up here in Maine. So, if you're ever in the neighborhood on a weekend, give me a call :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I followed you from the carnival---I love anthropology and I'm glad your picture included all of those drawers......love the buttercup picture---we sort of did like a daisy he loves me he loves me not if you saw yellow......I love Ingrid Michelson.....I was so happy to hear her on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We do have a lot in common--it was nice to see your bird on my sidebar.....I joined your side bar too. Enjoy the recipe and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete