Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My Cooking Dilemma


I am not a chef . My husband is the one who cooks if we have company.I can cook the basics...pasta,chicken,eggs....the usual. I hardly get recipes out and cook a huge meal. I think my kids never appreciate it. Anyways as I said my mother in law from France is here and my husband works late so I need to come up with some interesting meals.Every time she comes my husband says"don't worry she'll eat anything" and says we'll go shopping before she comes for things. Well we didn't and he's at work and I'm left to figure out a menu.I'm having a dilemma what to prepare!Any easy ideas would be wonderful!I know she knows I can't cook but I would like to show her what I have up my sleeve! Lol!

Tracy

8 comments:

  1. Tracy.....I love your kitchen. Your hunny cooks for you??? I'm soooo jealous!!
    The only thing Prince ever makes for dinner is reservations. I think that I need to re-negotiate my contract here :)

    Steady On
    Reggie Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I am jealous too, that you hubby cooks for you all the time. I must have done something wrong when I trained mine! I have to admit, he is doing a bang up job right now tho while I am still not quite myself and not able to navigate around the kitchen with the crutches without knocking things over. I am well fed and happy, so I can not complain any. As for the mother in law, wish I could give you a good idea there. Wow, visiting from France! How long will she be there? I hope you will enjoy her visit!! have a good one Tracy, Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what to tell you, I'm a "recipe chef". That's the only way I cook, otherwise what I make isn't edible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, your kitchen is gorgeous. I feel like I'm in the South of France and definitely do not want to go back into my kitchen now. I always love to cook roasted chicken with a bit of grilled asparagus with a smidgeon of lemon olive oil and sea salt to finish it off and Caesar salad is always a favorite here too (extra anchovies in the dressing). I'm sure whatever you cook will be great. Don't forget to choose what you decide!
    Happy night.
    ~Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I meant share what you decide to cook... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Lovely kitchen,especially like the view out of it as well.Well good luck with hubby cooking.I would like that all the time, cause i have some dishes i love to make.But when my husband was living he cooked once in a while he was an experimenter,lol.Loved to experience with dif recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ment I would like that all the time lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOULDNTLOL im in a hurry can you tell? haha

    ReplyDelete