Wednesday, May 20, 2009

These are supposed to be crowd-pleasers!




This is how sad my green thumb is! When I saw this photograph in the latest Martha Stewart magazine(of course..picture perfect)....I thought to myself..hmm? Didn't I but those flowers last Spring? I just love them! It's a type of verbena. They are so pretty and remind me a bit of Lavender. Anyways I noticed in my yard a a stem with purple flowers on it..yes that's right one stem! LoL!



It's sure a crowd pleaser! Poor thing standing all alone. I try. AnnMarie if you read this I know your thinking I'm pitiful! I can dream watching your garden grow!Wishing you all a day of Happy blooms!


Tracy

7 comments:

  1. Oh Tracy, what a fun-loving post, it just makes me smile from ear to ear over here. I am so glad that I am not the only sad-green thumbed person around!! :-) After our busy family-event weekend and my sister visiting from the states, I am just now getting back to the computer and all my blogging friends. I have missed you all! ciao, Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy,
    You just have to remember that Martha has a full time gardening staff! :)
    Thanks for the comment on my blog - sweet and funny. Trust me, I have not-so-cute parts of my garden, I just didn't let them in the photos (I try to pretend they don't exist. Oh, the weeding and the mulching...) My mom always said about perennials "the first year they sleep, the second they creep and the third year they leap". Yours are just sleeping! They will be beautiful next year.
    Hugs,
    Debi Vincent

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute post! I am so happy to know I am not the only one who struggles in the garden. At least you had one smiling face of verbena come up, so now you know there will be more next year.
    (~.~)Bekah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! That looks like my gardening! I really don't think that Martha does all that gardening by herself, she just takes all the credit! Don't give up...you just never know when your thumb will start turning green.
    Smiles, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL!!! Tracy!!! I am the same way Sweetie. I think I could kill a cactus. Although, one time I did grow an amazing onion plant in the back of my pantry. LOL!!!!! Hope you week is going well:) Love, Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am just shaking my head...doesn't Martha do that to us all the time...I am with everyone else..if we had full time help in every aspect of our lives, we could be perfect too :)
    Enjoy your little crowd pleaser...it should make you smile :)
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear. I've had this happen too! And they always look so sad and pathetic sitting all by their lonesome.

    ReplyDelete