Sunday, November 1, 2009

Need a cup of Joe?



It's a beautiful ,crisp,sunny morning here! Wow! What a difference from yesterday. I'm getting ready to go for my morning run. I'm having a cup of Joe before I go! Lol! I bought this coffee from Trader Joe's last week and it's the best coffee I've tasted in a long time! I love coffee! I thought I would try their brand and they had many kinds to choose from.This one is medium roast with 100% Arabica beans. It comes with the whole beans and you grind it there yourself! It so fresh and the aroma is wonderful!Get this...the price was $ 3.49 for 14 oz.! Go out and get this coffee if you have a Trader Joe's near you!! If you don't...how sorry I am for you! Lol! No really it's a fantastic store!! Also did you ever wonder where the expression "cup of Joe" came from? I found this answer...


"Cup of joe" is an American nickname for coffee. The phrase goes back to the mid-1840s, and is of unclear origin, though it is possibly short for "Old Black Joe," the title of a popular Stephen Foster song. In any case, it predates Josephus Daniels, the Secretary of the Navy who banned the serving of alcohol on ships in 1914.




Happy Sunday!


Tracy



2 comments:

  1. Oh I love Trader Joes...we do not have them in Canada but I live minutes away from the American Boarder and about 30 or so minutes away from a TJs. Such yummy things to be found in that store..will have to try that coffee...only my husband drinks the coffee in our home...maybe I will buy some for his stocking for Christmas this year! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy, I hope your Halloween turned out to be wonderfully spooky!! Not enough kids coming to the door here for treats to make this gal Happy, I do so love handing out the candy. but weather was great and the kidlets were all on the go to parties and fun things for the evening. as long as they are living lovely moments, so do I! I remember a cup of COFFEE being called a cup of Joe. Am I showing my age? have a good monday. thinking of you, Debby

    ReplyDelete