Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Grape Hyacinth


I just love these flowers. I planted lots of bulbs of these a few years ago and they come up every Spring!
Let me tell you I have a brown thumb so these must be hardy! They are so cute and are bright blue. They come from the Lily family. I love to cut a bunch and make a small bouquet in a vase. It's one of the 1st flowers to pop up in my yard. If you like the look of these, plant the bulbs in the Fall. They will not disappoint!
"The nature of This Flower is to bloom."    
-  Alice Walker 
Happy Wednesday!
Tracy

2 comments:

  1. Lovely!
    I remember, when I was little, wondering if they tasted like grapes. Though from what I can recall, I never tried to find out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi there! how are you : ) oh my thumb is actually black!!!! but i love seeing these little guys pop through the ground -- they simply make me happy! thanks for sharing with us and reminding me how fabulous the little things are! hugs...

    ReplyDelete